Everybody loves a brownie, right? This version has the bonus of some sweet potato added in to make you feel smug, and it also adds to the richness and fudgy texture. These brownies are super fast to whip up and are a perfect way to use up some leftover sweet potato. A perfect quick dessert or after school treat.
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ⅓ cup rapadura sugar firmly packed
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup white spelt flour or plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 50 g chopped chocolate or choc chips
- Preheat oven to 160C fan-forced. Line or grease a square cake tin.
- Whisk sweet potato, sugar, oil and egg together.
- Add flour, baking powder and cacao and mix together.
- Gently fold in chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- You can use either milk or dark chocolate for these, depending on your preference.
- You can substitute 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar for the rapadura if you prefer.
- These freeze really well to pop in lunchboxes as a treat.