A delicious way to start the day – perfect for warm summer mornings. So easy to whizz up, and packed with veggies, fruit and good fats. Trust me – your kids will have no idea there’s zucchini in this. And even when you tell them – it makes the smoothie so deliciously creamy they’ll ask for it again!
Makes 2 adult serves of smoothie
- 400ml almond milk
- 1/3 cup (50g) raw cashews
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 frozen zucchini (peeled if you prefer)
- 1 cup cubed frozen mango
- 1 large frozen banana
- 100g baby spinach
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend for about a minute, or until smooth. Pour into serving glasses and enjoy!
- If you like more sweetness, add a Medjool date or two, or a dash of honey.
- We sometimes add a couple of spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt or milk kefir for some extra protein, probiotics and “tang”.
- Leftover smoothie can be frozen in ice block moulds as a great cool snack for the kids. Or freeze in ice cube trays ready to thaw slightly and re-blend for a smoothie another day.