As we head towards Christmas, I know many of you are looking for recipes to make the day easier. How about making the day a little healthier too? This dessert pizza, with its delicious rainbow fruit topping, has all the appeal of a fruit-laden pavlova, without the sugar crash that comes after!
You can easily cook up the wholesome base in advance, ready to top with cream cheese and all that beautiful summer fruit. The kids and grown ups alike will love it!
Rainbow Fruit Pizza
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup rapadura sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Fruit of choice
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Place oats in a food processor and blitz to a coarse flour.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until mixture comes together into a sticky dough.
- Roll into a large ball and press out into a large round on the baking tray, about half a centimetre high.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden and firm.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, mix cream cheese and maple syrup or honey together and spread over base, then top with fruit.